Breastfeeding is a beautiful and natural experience for parents and their children, but the reality is often more complex than anticipated. Most parents find the presence of a calm and supportive expert in the field is essential to their success.
This service is helpful for situations when:
- Parents feel uneasy about breastfeeding and need reassurance
- Infant refuses to latch
- Parents have concerns about milk supply - too little or too much milk
- Breastfeeding is painful
- Infant is experiencing low or slow weight gain
- Parents have been told to they may need to feed formula
- Parents have received conflicting advice on breastfeeding
You Can Expect
- You will meet with an experienced and compassionate International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) either in your home or in our office.
- Your IBCLC will take a thorough history, assist with feeding and perform pre-and post-feed weight checks to measure the volume of milk your infant transfers.
- You will be provided with accurate, evidence based information to form a customized plan for you and your baby.
- Your parenting and feeding decisions will be supported unconditionally.
- Your IBCLC will provide ongoing support and encouragement after your consultation via email, phone calls, or follow up visits.
- A report of your consultation will be sent to your physician and/or midwife.
At Office: $75 refundable deposit
At Office: $50
All consults require a deposit, refundable pending insurance reimbursment. We accept all major credit cards and flexible spending options, and can provide you with a superbill upon request.