At Breastfeed Atlanta's Cares Clinic, you can expect the same excellent care provided as with our premium lactation consult at an accessible price point. We are proud to offer our Cares Clinic as a pay-what-you-can model for lactation consultations.
This service is helpful for situations when:
- Parents feel uneasy about breastfeeding and need reassurance
- Infant refuses to latch
- Parents have concerns about milk supply - too little or too much milk
- Breastfeeding is painful
- Infant is experiencing low or slow weight gain
- Parents have been told to they may need to feed formula
- Parents have received conflicting advice on breastfeeding
You can expect:
- You will meet with an experienced and compassionate International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) either in your home or in our office.
- Your IBCLC will take a thorough history, assist with feeding and perform pre-and post-feed weight checks to measure the volume of milk your infant transfers.
- You will be provided with accurate, evidence based information to form a customized plan for you and your baby.
- Your parenting and feeding decisions will be supported unconditionally.
- Your IBCLC will provide ongoing support and encouragement after your consultation via email, phone calls, or follow up visits.
- A report of your consultation will be sent to your physician and/or midwife.